Hillrom Respiratory Health COVID-19 Resource Center
At Hillrom we’re here to help patients with respiratory compromise breathe easier with trusted therapies.
We understand there is lot of focus from our customers regarding preparedness and treatment efforts for Coronavirus (COVID-19).
During an acute episode of COVID-19 patients may present at the hospital with respiratory distress or pneumonia. Hillrom airway clearance devices are proven effective at secretion removal in patients with these symptoms. This is true of either The Vest® System or MetaNeb® System.
- The Vest® Airway Clearance System uses High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation (HFCWO) to dislodge mucus from the bronchial walls and mobilize it from the smaller to larger airways, where it can be cleared by coughing or suctioning.
- The MetaNeb® System helps expand the lungs using Continuous Positive Expiratory Pressure (CPEP), mobilize secretions through Continuous High Frequency Oscillation (CHFO) and deliver medicated aerosol for preventing and treating pulmonary atelectasis.
Additionally, the Life2000® Ventilation System can be used on patients who present with mild to moderate respiratory distress and would benefit from non-invasive ventilation (NIV) or considered when weaning patients from mechanical ventilation. It may also be used on patients who do not have COVID-19 in step down units, post-surgery, or general floors.
Proven Outcomes Matter
- Today, our customers are delivering treatment in the ICU, emergency department, med/surg, and specialty ICUs amongst other care settings. Our customers are utilizing therapies to treat ventilated, pneumonia, trauma, post-op, and chronic patients as well as many others.
- The Vest® Airway Clearance System and The MetaNeb® System therapies are proven to:
- Reduce Hospital length of stay1,3
- Reduce ICU length of stay1
- Reduce time on the ventilator1
- Reduce dyspnea score2
- Improve respiratory status and reduce pulmonary complications1,2
- The Vest® Airway Clearance System and The MetaNeb® System provide therapy using single patient use disposable wraps and circuits.
- The MetaNeb® System circuit filter is tested in accordance with ISO 23328-1:2008 with a filtration efficiency of greater than 99%.
- Upon discharge from the hospital patients with chronic lung conditions like COPD, Neuromuscular conditions, CF, and Bronchiectasis can benefit from going home on The Vest® Airway Clearance System to maintain lung hygiene.
Cleaning guidelines and supporting clinical data are available at your request.
In Home Care, we will provide ongoing support of patients with pre-existing chronic lung conditions who have been prescribed for daily use of The Vest® System, The Monarch® System, and The VitalCough® System.
Learn more about Home Care COVID-19 Resources
To learn more about acquiring the airway clearance therapies for your patients need during this time, contact your local Hillrom representative or call Hillrom Respiratory Health at 800-426-4224.