Clearing the way for better days
Our purpose is clear.
Patients with chronic respiratory disease work hard each day, just to live ordinary lives. That inspires us to work even harder for them. To start, The Vest® Airway Clearance System generates more patient airflow. In fact, The Vest® Airway Clearance System has been proven effective and studied beyond any competitor's. We work closely with patients and partners on the front lines and behind the scenes to make those products affordable, accessible, and adhered-to for everyone who needs them. And every day we work to bring new, improved products to market, so patients can enjoy better days, and hopefully more of them.
Always bringing better
Hill-Rom's tested and proven products, collaborative care approach and commitment to innovation add up to more than the sum of their parts. In combination, they drive a model of continuous improvement, clearing the way to better days for patients.
Our products have been proven effective.
- Our HFCWO therapy has been researched 10 times more than the nearest competitor's.1
- In Warwick's study, 94% of patients showed either improvement or less decline than expected in respiratory health using The Vest® Airway Clearance System.2
- Our true flow design has been shown to deliver more airflow than other HFCWO products tested.3
Our people provide extensive support for patients and caregivers.
- We work with payers so patients can afford the therapy they need.
- In-home training helps patients get the full benefit from their therapy.
- 24/7 customer service provides peace of mind and supports better outcomes.
- HFCWO therapy helps decrease the number and length of hospitilizations, lowering costs and improving quality of life.4
A robust pipeline brings new, improved products to market.
- The Vest® Airway Clearance System leads the HFCWO category, in its 5th generation of advancements.
- The Bluetooth®-enabled VisiVest™ System connects patients and care teams.
- Technologies under development:
- A powerful mobile vest
- Oscillation and lung expansion technology for hospital and home
- Updated Mechanical Insufflation-Exsufflation for evaluating respiratory function
- Cellular-connected motivational tools to help patients self-manage respiratory health
Hill-Rom is a leading global medical technology company with approximately 10,000 employees worldwide. We partner with health care providers in more than 100 countries by focusing on patient care solutions that improve clinical and economic outcomes in five core areas: Advancing Mobility, Wound Care and Prevention, Clinical Workflow, Surgical Safety and Efficiency, and Respiratory Health. Around the world, Hill-Rom's people, products, and programs work towards one mission: Every day, around the world, we enhance outcomes for patients and their caregivers.
1. Clinical studies with patients using HFCWO therapy as listed in a PubMed search through 2015. Includes HFCWO devices from Hill-Rom, Inc., RespirTech Technologies, Inc., ElectroMed, Inc., and International Biophysics Corporation. Onfile at Hill-Rom, Inc.
2. Lechtzin N, Wolfe LF & Frick KD. (2016). The Impact of High Frequency Chest Wall Oscillation on Healthcare Utilization in Patients with Neuromuscular Diseases. Annals of the American Thoracic Society, (ja).
3. Independent lab testing analyzed and compared average airflows at the month generated by high frequency chest wall oscillation (HFCWO) therapy in 10 subjects using home care garments. Airflows measured at commonly prescribed medium pressures (50% of maximum) at multiple therapy frequencies (5, 10, 15, and 20 Hz).
4. Warwick WJ & Hansen LG. (1991). The long-term effect of high-frequency chest compression therapy on pulmonary complications of cystic fibrosis. Pediatric Pulmonology, 11(3), 265-271.
5. Hill-Rom Corporate Customer Satisfaction Survey - The Vest® System, 2016, on file. 90% of patients would recommend Hill-Rom to a friend based on 4 year average.
©2016 Hill-Rom Services PTE Ltd. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
192008 rev 2 21-NOV-2016 ENG – US