Inspired by you.
For nearly 30 years, Hill-Rom has been part of the lives of people with airway clearance diseases and conditions. Our signature product, The Vest® Airway Clearance System, has helped thousands of patients to clear the way for better days. We're proud of that. At the same time, we know how challenging it is to fit therapy into busy schedules. We've heard it again and again from patients: "I just want to live my life!" We get it. That's what inspired the Monarch® Airway Clearance System. By allowing you to move freely, it opens a new world of possibilities for doing your therapy--your way.
The man behind the Monarch® System
Marten De Vlieger and his sister, both Cystic Fibrosis patients, grew up with their mother manually performing CPT to help clear their airways. With a vision for more independence, Marten created a mobile therapeutic device for airway clearance. This novel device gave him the freedom to travel and live his adventurous, kite-surfing life while raising a family. Wanting others to experience this flexibility and control, he partnered with Hill-Rom to develop the Monarch® Airway Clearance System.
Mobility Powered by POD Technology
The Monarch® System uses Pulmonary Oscillating Discs (PODs) to generate targeted kinetic energy to your lungs. This helps thin mucus and increase airflow, mobilizing secretions from the airways while you're going about your day. So you no longer have to put your life on hold for therapy.
Monarch 3D Animation Video
To view this video on a smartphone, please visit our Hill-Rom YouTube channel.
Who can benefit from the Monarch® Airway Clearance System?
- Patients who have evidence or a suggestion of retained secretions.
- Patients who have difficulty with secretion clearance, or presence of atelectasis caused by mucus plugging.
- Sportswear-inspired design is made for freedom of mobility. Its quiet operation enables easy conversation.1 Fun colors and patterns let patients personalize their device.
- Pendant controls are intuitive and simple to use.
- Mobile app, used with Bluetooth® connectivity, streamlines device operation for patients.
- Rechargeable battery powers therapy on the move.
- VisiView® Health Portal - Easy, automatic therapy tracking to enhance collaboration in care.
- Handy rolling case with retractable handle and backpack straps looks like ordinary luggage, and makes it easy for patients to travel with their device.
Contact Hill-Rom to learn more about how the Monarch® Airway Clearance System can help you Breathe a Little Easier.