Powered by POD technology
The Monarch® System is used to aid mobilization of secretions from the airways to help improve airway health. This is achieved by the placement of eight pulmonary oscillating discs (PODs) containing magnets, over the upper and lower lobes of the lungs. The PODs oscillate and provide a targeted kinetic energy to the lungs. This therapy generates airflow to help thin and mobilize mucus from the small airways to the large airways, where it can be coughed out or suctioned.
Mobile and connected.
The Monarch® System helps motivate and empower patients to collaborate in their therapy by offering key attributes:
- Enabled with either LTE or WiFi connectivity.
- Connects patients wirelessly to their care team via the VisiView® Health Portal.
- Provides access to patient therapy session feedback.
- Encourages adherence through collaboration between patient and physician.
Understanding HFCWO mechanisms of action.*
Expiratory airflow bias is important, and kinetic energy transferred through the chest wall to the lungs is believed to help loosen secretions adhering to lung tissue.4-9 HFCWO creates kinetic energy designed to increase airflow to help mobilize secretions from the airways.4,5,7,9,10
Monarch 3D Animation Video
To view this video on a smartphone, please visit our Hill-Rom YouTube channel.
The man behind the Monarch® System
Marten De Vlieger and his sister, both Cystic Fibrosis patients, grew up with their mother manually performing CPT to help clear their airways. With a vision for more independence, Marten created a mobile therapeutic device for airway clearance. This novel device gave him the freedom to travel and live his adventurous, kite-surfing life while raising a family. Wanting others to experience this flexibility and control, he partnered with Hill-Rom to develop the Monarch® Airway Clearance System.
- Sportswear-inspired design is made for freedom of mobility. Its quiet operation enables easy conversation.3 Fun colors and patterns let patients personalize their device.
- Pendant controls are intuitive and simple to use.
- Mobile app, used with Bluetooth® connectivity, streamlines device operation for patients.
- Rechargeable battery powers therapy on the move.
- VisiView® Health Portal - Easy, automatic therapy tracking to enhance collaboration in care.
- Handy rolling case with retractable handle and backpack straps looks like ordinary luggage, and makes it easy for patients to travel with their device.
Contact Hill-Rom to learn more about how the Monarch® Airway Clearance System can help you Breathe a Little Easier.